January 2021 Program Details
Starting June 2021, we will offer both an introductory and advanced course. Our introductory class is for you—an extraordinary student eager to develop an entrepreneurial mindset, build your business skillset, and stand out in a competitive world. Our advanced course is intended for those who completed the introductory class and includes a deeper dive into business fundamentals and an option to launch your own venture.
Summer 2021 Program Details:
- When: June 2021 (2 weeks, 5 days per week)
- Times: 2 hour sessions
- Classes: Introductory and Advanced Courses
If you have any questions about our Hacking Entrepreneurship program, feel free to send our team a message!
Overview of Curriculum
Hacking Entrepreneurship: Introduction
INTRO: How to Think Like an Entrepreneur
SKILL #1: How to Spot Opportunities Others Miss
SKILL #2: How to Manage Speed
SKILL #3: How to Make Fast and Informed Decisions
SKILL #4: How to Turn Setbacks into Successes
SKILL #5: How to Network Minds
SKILL #6: How to Build a Culture of Collaboration
FINAL: Shark Tank: Your Time to Shine!
Hacking Entrepreneurship: Advanced Course
Our advanced course is for those who have completed the introductory class and includes a deeper dive into business fundamentals and an option to launch your own venture. Join us in further accelerating your business idea!
Shark Tank Style Pitch Competition
As a Hacking Entrepreneurship student, you’ll spend your weeks immersed in masterclasses, skill-building exercises, team activities, and 1:1 coaching designed to help you develop a unique business concept. In the final project, you’ll shine with knowledge and confidence as you pitch your idea to experienced investors, who will evaluate it based on product-market fit, team passion, and presentation quality.
- Cash prize to invest in your startup
- Hacking Entrepreneurship Award to add to your resume and applications
Hacking Entrepreneurship Fundamentals
- One core concept per lecture
- Interactive live-chat, group polls, real-time question & answer
- Lectures with real-world examples everywhere
Led by Stanford teaching assistants
- Participants meet in teams of 10 for skills exercises and hands-on work
- Peer-to-peer feedback, building on each other’s ideas, and pitch preparation for the Shark Tank.
Expert guidance from an all Stanford team
- 1:1 coaching on entrepreneurial skills
- Feedback on idea formation, business fundamentals, and pitches
- Support through every step of building your idea
Conversations and insights with industry leaders
- Learn how to build a business from experienced entrepreneurs
- Interact with innovative business leaders and ask questions in real-time
- Expand your professional network
Curriculum, workbook, and exercises based on the Stanford Hacking Entrepreneurship course
- Framework from The Creator’s Code: The Six Essential Skills of Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
- Workbook to guide participants on how to apply these skills
Pitch your unique idea to experienced investors in the final project
- Pitch to experienced investors, who will evaluate based on set criteria
- Win a cash prize to invest in your idea!
Students gain access to Hacking Entrepreneurship network and invites to insider events
- Exclusive LinkedIn group of next-generation entrepreneurs
- Active community of participants, guest speakers, and Stanford team
- Monthly meetings with career advisors, college counselors, top entrepreneurs, and business executives